Session 3 – What is Stress? Session 2 – The History of Dublin Zoo
- Podcasts can be about anything – true crime, mindfulness, history, music, gardening – anything you can think of!
- Each piece is called an episode and is part of a series, like episodes of a radio or tv show.
- You can listen to it whenever you want, unlike a radio or tv show.
- Podcasters are the people who create and present the episodes.
- Some people create podcasts professionally, some people do it as a hobby or as part of a course they are doing.
- Podcasters can be experts or professionals on the topic they are talking about. They may also just be people giving their opinion on something. It is important to remember this.
- Podcasters might have a new podcast every week, every month or maybe just every now and then. You can listen back to old podcasts they have done.
Where can I find podcasts?
- You can find podcasts on websites or by using podcast apps pictured here.
- Podcast apps take podcasts from lots of different people and group them in one place.
- They allow you to search for podcasts by topic or by podcaster.
- They also allow you to subscribe to or follow a podcast. This means you don’t have to search for it each time you want to listen to it and you can get a notification when a new episode appears.
- If you want to know more about how to download an app click here http://www.coolockals.ie/wp-content/uploads/Apps-Factsheet.pdf to the Apps Factsheet on our website or talk to your tutor about what they are and how to safely put one on your phone.